Customer services in call centres
Your contact centres can play an important role in the customer experience, customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty. Get it right and see the rewards, get it wrong and your business could spin in a downward spiral that is difficult to turnaround.
The challenges facing call centres
Customer service agents work in a demanding environment, where operatives need to have the skills to:
- Connect with the caller and quickly build a rapport
- Ensure that the brand experience is being delivered without extending the call time
- Deal with difficult or unhappy customers
- Handle customer complaints
- Know when it is appropriate to move to a sales conversation
Supporting your customer services teams
Providing an on-going programme of training and coaching is essential to supporting and developing your customer services agents and supervisory staff. We provide customised training packages - not off-the-shelf solutions - that consider your unique business requirements, current challenges and long-term business ambitions. Our experience shows that the type of skills often required in the customer services environment include: -
- Telephone communication skills and customer handling
- Dealing with awkward customers and difficult situations
- Handling complaints effectively
- Conversational selling
- Techniques to drive customer retention and loyalty
Benefit from our experience
We have been delivering training and coaching programmes to customer services teams around the world for over thirty years. We are experienced in working across a broad range of sectors including financial services, retail, telecommunications, IT and automotive - in a variety of countries and languages.
If you would like to discuss improving the performance of customer services in your call centres, please do get in touch and telephone +44 208 755 5380.